January 9, 2012

Jack Daniels Honey

I'm going to tell you the best kind of a story. A short and to the point story:

Many years ago I was good friends with Jack. Many great memories was shared with Jack. However, after a bad run in we decided that parting ways was the best answer. I could never look at him in the face without getting a "bitter" face. Well, that fate changed tonight my dear friends. My husband of all people decided that we should be re-introduced. My husband has never been a fan of Jack so it surprised me he would offer such interesting advice. My mind started racing...


"The memories we had" "But what about that one horrid night that ended it all?" "It has honey it can't be that bad" "OR CAN IT??" 

Yes, I was literally having a back and forth conversation in my head for 20 minutes while I had a stare down with him. The golden hue in this Jack was calling out my name and it had Honey to top that off. How can I resist honey? I can't. He knew my soft spot. DANG YOU. As my husband reached for the soda I swooped Jack away. And this is how a beginning to an end started.   

Hahah story-time for adults WHO KNEW?! Anyways, as soon as we got home we were anxious little kids wanting to test this new taste out. First a smell...it smelled a little like jack with a sweet note. We looked at each other and both agreed that it was in fact a good start. We poured a little in a cup and topped it off with good ol' coke. We both took a swig and sure enough it tasted sweet and not to strong. It actually would be a good shooter whiskey with no need to chase it. I was reading that some other ideas instead of coke is to use lemonade, or ginger ale. We are pleased that it did not taste as artificial as some other drinks do when they start adding stuff to their "normal" recipes. I believe that we found something WE both agree to like. On a downside I hope that the store re stocks their shelves soon because there was only one lonely bottle left after I grabbed ours.

Please remember I do not promote drinking. Please do drink responsibly. My blog about items I eat/drink are in my own opinion and is just my personal review on the products. I am not endorsed by the companies. Thank you for reading. Have a great night everyone. Now back to my Jack and Coke!

Here's a good site that reviewed J.D. Honey:

 http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2011/03/jack_daniels_honey-flavored_whiskey.php


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: