January 1, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken

I Cooked a WHOLE chicken in the crock pot today. Who would have guessed. I love the crock pot...the possibilities are endless. Anyways, this chicken was by far the easier whole chicken I have ever prepared. So how good was this new recipe? Well first off, the smells that were coming from the pot all day was making the whole family salivate. When I took the chicken out of the crock pot the juices were just leaking out of the chicken. I let the chicken sit for 15 minutes before cutting the meat up. The chicken was so moist and smelt amazing. The onions and juices in the crock pot however, was not such a pretty site. Onions bathed in greasy liquid. Gross! Hahah. As far as the yummo factor went I received 2 thumbs way up from the hubs! Mission complete. Now off to figuring what I can make with the leftover meat. Stay tuned....


Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/