February 27, 2012

Pinterest Spaghetti Calzone Review and tips

I finally decided to try the spaghetti calzone from pinterest, after I heard so many raves and reviews about it!  On pinterest the recipe is called Braided spaghetti bread.


Here is a link to the original recipe braided spaghetti bread


Instead of using the bread like on the original recipe I used the Rhodes rolls.  Thawed them from about 2 hours, used 12 rolls, stuck the rest in the fridge and used them to make bear claws the next morning!  Bear claw recipe will be next to follow!


Found in the frozen food section!
They were pretty easy to roll out, and it was nice have extra for something sweet!  


For sauce I picked a tasty sauce that I would enjoy.  For me I love Garlic so I Picked garlic red sauce.  I did not need the whole can, about 3/4 I used.


My personal favorite brand.  The spicy red pepper is also good!


The biggest change, is I added meat!  I added ground turkey, and I used thin spaghetti.  After I boiled the spaghetti, warmed the sauce and cooked the meat,  I added it all to the same pan.  Remember because of the meat you will need less sauce and less spaghetti!


Also I used goats cheese because of my allergy.  After I braided the bread, for the top, I used a bit of garlic salt along with the parsley flakes.  If you love garlic bead, its PERFECT for this recipe!


I checked on my calzone often, and making sure the top was not to brown.  When it had a nice golden brown top, I covered with tin foil for the rest of the cook time (which was about 10 more minutes). 


Right before adding tin foil.


After the calzone was done cooking we could not wait to dig in!  It was DELICIOUS, I love to add a little hot sauce to mine, mostly Tapatio!  


Hope you found this review, and tips helpful!


An beginners Pizza calzone, but still looked tasty!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: