February 11, 2012

The triple Threat Cookie

The Triple Threat Cookie






Why do I call these cookies "the triple threat"?  Because they are chocolate chunk peanut butter oatmeal cookies!  Isn't that I mouth full?  I promise, you will LOVE these mouth watering cookies!  The first time I tried the recipe I thought it would be too much.  There is such a small amount of peanut butter (compared to a peanut butter cookie) and oatmeal that they add to the flavor and texture without taking away from the Chocolate chip cookies we all love!  


So before I post the recipe, I would like to say I found the original recipe on Food.com but I made adjustments.  I use semi-sweet chocolate chunk pieces instead of chocolate chips!  Really adds a lot to the chocolatey goodness of the cookie.  Also I use butter flavored crisco instead of margarine or butter sticks.  It also comes in sticks but is softer and works better with the cookies.  In the end process instead of using a spoon I use my hands!  Not mandatory, but the dough will seem more crumbly and using the hands really helps form smaller round balls.  The cookie will not "grow" much but keep more of its original shape.  so if you like softer cookies with a crunchy outside, make them round, if you like crunchy cookies through out, make them flat.  


My recipe



1/2 cup of butter flavored crisco
1/2 cup of sugar13; cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup smooth peanut butter 
large egg
teaspoon vanilla
cup white flour
½ cup quakers oatmeal (NOT INSTANT)teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 bag or 12 ounces of chocolate chip chunks



  • Directions
    Preheat oven to 350°.


  • Cream butter and sugars together. Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. And mix well.


  • In another bowl mix dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture.


  • Add chips and mix well.
    Mixed cookie dough batter!  As you can see it has a more crumbly appearance.


  • Either drop onto pan or roll into small balls.


  • Bake for about 10-12 minutes.


  • Cool for 5 minutes on sheet

  • It was so hard not to eat these straight off the pan!  


    And then again, the finished product.


    Delicious chocolatey warm cookies!
    This is such an easy recipe and I always get Great reviews!  I hope you try it, and you enjoy it!!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave a comment: