February 8, 2012

Cheesecake Pops

Hi all! Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have been beyond busy again being a super mommy/wife/taxi service/cook/maid. *Sigh* with that being said I have this new found determination to start trying my recipes that I have collected since High School. I have so many its rediculous. So every week (most likely on Wednesdays) I will have a new recipe (mainly the sweet treats) from my collection so be sure to come back and check them out. I will even post my FAILS haha Im sure there may be some. Guess who will be my guinea pig? Yep...the hubs.

I love this recipe because you can create your own recipe with this basic recipe. Play around with it. Use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, color your white chocolate, use different flavor combos BE CREATIVE.  I do have to warn you that these will be gone in no time flat. You want proof? See the picture below? Yea that one is not mine (close but not mine) because by the time I got around to snapping the picture for this blog the hubs had devoured so many of them I threw my hands up and said SUCCESS! This wife is proud I can make my hubs belly happy! So here's the recipe:

CHEESECAKE POPS
3 packages cream cheese, softened (I used the 1/3 less fat one)
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream (I used the reduced fat kind)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, beaten,
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
30 oz. white chocolate chips
Toppings: Pretty much anything you like but here is some ideas - 
Grated coconut, grated chocolate, assorted sprinkles, ground nuts, etc etc.
45 lollipop sticks

Line the bottom of a 9" spring form pan with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper. Coat the paper and sides of pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until blended. Add eggs beating on low speed until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.

Place pan on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for another hour. Cover and freeze overnight.

Remove from the freezer and let stand for 30 minutes. Place the crumbs in a ziploc bag. Working quickly scoop out 1" balls of cheesecake. Toss the balls into the ziploc bag and shake until your hearts content. *shake shake shake- shake shake shake* Sorry I was doing a little cha cha cha song in my head while making these so I had to include the song hahah! 


ANYWAYS...back to the recipe. When you coated the cheesecake balls, insert lollipop stick. Place on waxed lined baking sheets. Freeze for an hour until firm.


In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate until smooth. Dip pops into melted chocolate. You will have to work quickly because white chocolate does not like to heat up again. Allow excess to drip off then roll into desired toppings. It does not need to be perfect. Trust me. The flavor and texture of these pops are to die for and you can make them pretty-full with the colors and different flavor combinations. 


Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (IF there is any left!).

So the hubs got into the treats before I was able to take a pic so the above was what mine looked most like from:http://suzukichiyo.tumblr.com/post/14627234610/cheesecake-pop-assortment-by-tonydolor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: